EXTERNAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Amazon Fashion Private Label team is looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic Associate Designer to join our exciting and fast-paced team.
What makes this job awesome? You'll be part of a team that will develop and launch new apparel brands that will delight customers. You'll get exposure to all functions on this small and scrappy team. You'll work closely with best-in-class merchants and designers to learn about how apparel product is developed from concept to production.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess partner management skills, project management skills, a high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be a great team player. You will be accountable for building product, in partnership with Tech Design, Merchandising & Supply Chain, that achieves aesthetic, quality and cost requirements against product standards while also monitoring adherence for development to Key Performance Indicators for raw material and sample requests.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
· Sketching and assigning light specs
· Fabric, yarn, and color identification and selection. Mill sheet creation.
· Data input into Tech Packs, BOMs and PLM
· Lab Dip and S/O Approvals
· Artwork colorway development and detailing for vendors
· Sample organization and Filing
· You will have a strong aesthetic, great sense of design and color and an established understanding of the product development process
· Ensure fabric/silhouette pairings are appropriate and identify opportunity for innovation of construction standards to ensure consistency in experience and delivery of value to the customer
· Work to resolve potential manufacturing/costing issues prior to development of style to ensure quality execution in bulk
· Accountable for helping come up with process improvements, scaling the business and seeking opportunities to positively affect division/brand
· Understand business drivers and performance to continually seek opportunities to positively affect division/company
· Online retail experience
· Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
· Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
· The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills
· In-depth knowledge of design techniques, product, construction and processes
· Classification program experience
· Knowledge of manufacturing, global supply chain, and regulatory requirements
· Experience in building out a private label program in a retail environment
Exposure, and a passion for the Women’s apparel market
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· College degree required, preferable in Fashion Design or related field
· Minimum of 4 years design experience
· Excellent sense of style and color
· PLM + Adobe suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design) super user
· Occasional travel required
· Fabric construction- mill timelines, fabric properties
· Garment production- deep understanding of production cycle timeline, garment construction and garment costing
· Retail Math
· Detail oriented with strong follow through
· Organized and able to prioritize multiple projects
· Strong sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
· Demonstrate proactive problem-solving skills
· Innovator/ Idea generator