Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more.
We are looking for an Associate Corporate Counsel to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon. This Associate Corporate Counsel will primarily support AWS' EMEA sales and marketing legal team, negotiating strategic, enterprise and technology agreements and assisting with marketing initiatives and global expansion.
The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on strategic technology service and licensing agreements with enterprise customers and partners and provide legal support for local and regional services and initiatives. Typical transactions will range from standard contracts to complex, high-value agreements. The role includes participating in other Amazon legal projects, including managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
We are looking for candidates who are innovative, progressive, extremely hands-on, and highly customer-obsessed professionals. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business.
The role can be based in London, UK or in Munich, Germany. Some travel may be required.
Ideal candidate profile
· Exceptional academic qualifications
· Between two and five years of post-qualification legal experience
· Transactional experience, including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
· High degree of independence, initiative, decisiveness and creative thinking, as well as a desire to be challenged
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be a partner to business stakeholders
· Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
· Great business judgment
· Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment
· Fluency in written and spoken English & German