At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we're hiring highly talented and technical DevOps Architects/Engineers to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
· Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer automation and application requirements, proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
· Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services in key market verticals & regulated industries such as financial services, healthcare, life sciences, and energy
· Delivery - Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services. This will be done via onsite customer projects.
· Insights - Work with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
· Automation experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes.
· Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON.
· Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
· Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
· Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
· Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
· Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
· Understanding and experience with code deployment (tagging).
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Extended travel to customer locations may be required to sell and deliver professional services as needed