“We actively seek leaders who can invent, think big, have a bias for action and deliver results on behalf of our customers. These principles look very familiar to men and women who have served our country in the armed forces, and we find that their experience leading people is invaluable in our fast-paced work environment.” - Jeff Bezos
At Amazon, thousands of veterans and military spouses are driving innovation and raising the bar on customer experience. On a daily basis, those with military backgrounds are able to apply their knowledge, skills, and leadership abilities in a wide variety of careers – influencing change across the globe. We believe a career change from the military to a civilian role at Amazon is a natural transition because of the robust programs Amazon offers to help employees succeed, including a vast internal network of veterans that offer mentoring, learnings, and support.
Read more about us.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us: minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
See why diversity is important to us.
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. In these key roles, you'll come in to help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing - some of our centers across the United States and Canada are over 1 million square feet! Our goal is simple: to offer the world's greatest selection of products and services with the world's best customer experience.
Watch videos on our team members
As an Area Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon Associates; one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team. You will be responsible for engaging your team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance and engagement are maintained. To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their associates with the tools needed for success as well as keenly drive productivity and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving. Key responsibilities include:
· Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
· Developing performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
· Partnering with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
· Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
· Building and executing productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Area Managers to balance labor
· Leading and developing a team of Amazon associates
· Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
· Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
· Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1 and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. We grant each employee ownership in the company, including Amazon stock awards and a matching 401(k) program. But, if you're not in it for those perks, here is one more: we don't wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit. Jeff Bezos's most recent letter to shareholders sums it all up pretty well.
Find it at https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1018724/000119312516530910/d168744dex991.htm
Ideal candidate profile
· Basic Qualifications
· You have a completed bachelor's degree or 2+ years of Amazon experience
· You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
· You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon's peak holiday season and as needed year-round. In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
· You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees' performance.
· You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
- Willingness to relocate if needed