Amazon Games, Orange County is seeking a Character Animator to create appealing and engaging creatures and player animations for the New World Team. New World is an Open World MMO that pits players against the haunted wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration.As the Character Animator, you will collaborate with Animation Team, Art Team, and Design Team, help maintain or develop workflows, and create amazing animation to delight our customers. You’ll use a combination of key frame animation and motion capture techniques to bring characters to life. You will have a broad impact and a lot of discretion.
At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people on a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, and AWS to shape the future of games.
What you do:
· Work with Animation Team, Art team and Design Team to create in game animations that are incredibly satisfying to play and exiting to watch.
· You’ll use a combination of key frame and motion capture techniques to bring human and creature characters to life.
· Offer and receive criticism and critique equally well to help constantly raise our team’s quality bar.
· Work with our technical artist to define and improve our animation pipeline.
· Help Producers set realistic expectations for animation creation.
· Excellent time management and work discipline.
· Experience working with outsourcing
· Skill in another art-related fields – Illustration, painting, technical art
· Knowledgeable about game industry trends and animation techniques
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Link to a demo reel with description of your work per shot
· 3+ years of experience in the games industry as an animator or equivalent work in a related field
· 1+ shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work (e.g. live product development)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field, or equivalent work experience