Amazon Shipping (SWA) UK NOC Manager
Amazon shipping offers Amazon's logistic capabilities as a product and service. Amazon Shipping's first customers are MFN Sellers in the UK, offering to ship their domestic volume using our delivery network. We launched in March 2016 and are now building a team to scale Amazon Shipping at pace.
Amazon Logistics is looking to hire an analytical, technically skilled, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed UK Collections Dispatch Manager that can drive innovation and execution in transportation networks. As a member of the UK Amazon Shipping team you will be responsible for optimizing the transportation and delivery network to meet with the strategic network plan.
Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience?
This is a great opportunity to be part of a team and initiative that is at the very start of its journey. You will be part of the core team that will design, build and implement a Collections Network which will exceed our customer's expectations.
- Management of the SWA NOC Function and execution of SWA UK transport and collection network.
- Liaise with SLT to design and deliver network topology that meets operational and customer requirement.
- Manage a cross-functional team of transport managers and planners.
- Work in conjunction with SWA Regional Managers to identify process improvement and drive compliance across the network.
- Creation of daily/weekly metrics and performance reporting.
- Ownership and Dive Deep on the logistics pipeline from first to last mile, identifying defects that would impact successful delivery and establish robust fix to mitigate future instances.
- Liaise with ATS SLT daily to manage and maintain internal/external performance
- Review the forecast on a daily/weekly basis; create and manage the plan to protect and improve service.
- Provide resiliency and business continuity planning to minimize risk to Sortation and Delivery Station operations.
Ideal candidate profile
- Managed large cross functional team.
- Knowledge and experience of transportation planning.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in pressurized and dynamic operational environment.
- Thrives on autonomy.
- Knowledge of 3PL Logistics
- Bachelor's degree.
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- MS Office experience required, with intermediate level in: Excel, SQL or Access
- Experience querying data and developing performance metrics
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- 2+ years' experience managing or supervising team