The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to collaborate and push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
· We are looking for excellent engineers that epitomize technical and operational excellence – that can drive innovation and apply technologies to solve real world challenges.
· As an experienced Mechanical Engineer within our team, you will engage with a skilled and accomplished cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative technologies. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive key aspects of technology solution definition, execution and validation.
· Full cycle product development experience from inception through maturity is important. Working simultaneously on projects in different phases is common; you are able to demonstrate strong design and validation skills in addition to the understanding of mechanics of ongoing operational excellence and product support. You are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than a big company. We will need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and, given the size of this initiative, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
· Master’s degree in Engineering
· Analytic problem solving skills, including knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma, DOE or similar disciplines
· Demonstrated knowledge of tooling and materials process validation (SPC, Cp, CpK)
· Demonstrated design experience integrating component modules (I/O, Displays, Batteries, PCBs, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· 5+ years’ experience in the consumer or industrial electronics industry as a mechanical design engineer.
· Full cycle product development experience from inception through maturity including associated documentation (specs, test plans, drawings, etc)
· Ability to work effectively in fast-paced and diverse technical environment
· Experience with multiple manufacturing methods
· Experience with vendor management
· Product validation experience (Shock/Drop, Cycle Testing, and Environmental Testing)
· Experience in working with cross-functional teams and partnering closely with electronics engineers and other stakeholders to deliver fully integrated real-world solutions.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.