Amazon is seeking bright, articulate, detail-oriented applicants with a desire to contribute to world- class customer service. An Amazon customer service associate is a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service to all Amazon customers. We love our customers – in fact, we're a bit obsessed with delighting them each and every day, which is why this vital position requires action-orientated and flexible problem-solvers who will assist customers in resolving any and all customer facing problems within a fast-paced environment.
We're also pretty obsessed with making sure we create a fun, challenging, creative and slightly peculiar work environment for the folks who work here, and we would love for you to consider joining us.
Associates will assist customers via phone, email and chat. Associates will utilise a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies and communicate effective solutions.
**There are 2 start dates available for this fixed term position one on Monday 12 th August and the other Monday 2 nd September. You must be available to start on that date and no holidays can be taken over the initial 6 weeks.**
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
Dealing with customers:
• Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions in a timely and professional manner.
• Appropriate sense of urgency, commitment and quality when responding to customer needs
• Ability to empathise and prioritise customer needs
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Uphold company values and respect every customer
• Exude patience and ownership with each customer
• Ability to resolve conflicts and set appropriate expectations with customers
• Ability to use email, chat and phone calls as a means of communication with customers
• Ability to clearly understand and respond appropriately to the issues that customers present
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with external customers as well as internal colleagues and departments.
• Ability to compose grammatically correct and informative written responses to customer issues
• Ability to document customer account activities thoroughly and concisely
Ideal candidate profile
To be a successful Customer Service Associate at Amazon, you'll need to have the following skills and attributes:
• Experience of dealing with customer queries either by phone, email or face-to-face
• Must be a quick learner
• Strong familiarity with online shopping
• Fluent in English
• Excellent computer skills; strong familiarity with Microsoft Office, email, chat, and the internet
• Outstanding communication skills
• Knowledge of internet, email, and instant messenger tools and Microsoft Office
• Ideally you will have previous customer service experience
• Experience delivering service through multiple channels including phone, email and chat or service through social media would also be desirable.
Please note that, in order to meet our customer requirements, you must be willing to work over Christmas, at weekends and public holidays (this may be inclusive of Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day) and annual leave may not be taken in November and December, unless there are exception circumstances. In addition, you must be able to commit to full attendance during a 6 week training period (no holidays can be taken over the initial 6 weeks).
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.