This is an exciting role where Amazon Europe is looking for a new Head of Operations Excellence for EU External Fulfillment Organization, to manage and lead our journey of growth and expansion in the 3 main areas of External Fulfillment (Vendor Flex, 3PLs and PopUps).
The Role is based in Luxembourg and is managing 4 people. The role is about industrialization and continuous improvement as well as supporting launches. If you enjoy fast pace, even faster growth in one of the leading technology companies in online retail space then this can be the opportunity for you!
The External Fulfillment network consists of fulfillment centers outsourced to Third Party Logistics . You will be part of the team in charge of improvements plans to deliver savings, lead the External Fulfillment Excellence System to implement and insure best in class standards across all networks and all regions, And support the growth of the 3 areas the growth, by supporting the launches and ensuring that the ramp up will be the smoothest possible, ensuring best in class results for our customers. We are extremely focused on our customers, satisfying the customer demand and successfully meeting the ever raising performance targets.
The main interfaces in this position are with Amazon and External Fulfillment Operations, Retail, ACES, Transportation and Finance teams, as well as Tech Solutions and procurement teams.
- Drive the standardization across all External Fulfillment networks and channels.
- Ensure best in class CX and ramp up for launches, by supporting key projects.
- Share technical expertise in Stock management, Inbound and Outbound, Benchmark with the Fullfilment Centers world
- Own the ops manual and all updated to ensure smooth collaboration with 3PLs
- Drive the industrialization of new processes ; Operations Excellence is the main interface between technical services and Operations
Ideal candidate profile
- Robust experience in Operations within logistics, supply chain, distribution or manufacturing environment in an international company
- Exceptional project management skills
- Management of teams as well as capacity to influence others in a complex, cross-functional and European wide environment
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with good collaboration in matrix organization
- Strong leadership towards key deliverables (quality, lead times, costs) and operational excellence
- Sound business judgment, good financial understanding and instincts. Is right a lot
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
- Accountable for results. Insists on the highest standards for self and others
- Computer literacy (Office, Intranet solutions, ERPs) with basics of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Fluent in English