Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon continues to evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
With the acquisition of Souq and its affiliated businesses, Amazon is rapidly expanding its presence in the Middle East and North Africa. Accordingly, we are looking for an experienced Manager to run our CRM and Selling Partner development activities for Amazon, based in Dubai, UAE.
This experienced Manager will drive the growth and development of Sellers for Marketplace across the MENA region (currently 3 countries: UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt) by educating and empowering them to leverage our renowned portfolio of e-commerce features and solutions mainly through one-to-many mechanisms. Specifically, the candidate will do the following (among others):
1) Enable all active Selling Partners at scale to reach their full potential by educating them on DSI-maximization actions, building a data-based framework to identify the optimal journey for them.
2) Deliver recommendations by implementing, adjusting and maintaining one-to-many tools such as Seller University, Getting-Started widget and CRM software. Leverage also 1:1 methods for qualitative insight generation and assisting the largest opportunities.
3) Own the end-to-end process for Selling Partner communications, including content generation and edition, design and delivery, seeking the needed approvals from supporting teams & functions as well as auditing execution and reporting results.
4) Iterate the communication strategy based on data from frequent A/B testing that the candidate will ideate and execute. Incorporate also qualitative feedback from Seller-recruiting teams to scale their best practices (and influence their own practices).
5) Benchmark vs US and EU teams to adapt their frameworks, tailoring as needed for MENA, and partner with them for collective innovation.
6) Own the Deals program for Marketplace, auditing existing mechanisms or proposing new ones to feature the highest-potential deals on our site, as well as educating Selling Partners on the available options to increase visibility and conversion.
The candidate will work with a team of direct and dotted-line reports (mostly based in Dubai, but not only), including several TBH that he or she will help hire, and grow the entire team into valued Amazonians over time.
Ideal candidate profile
Bachelors minimum; MBA a plus.
Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
6+ years of experience in business development and/or program management roles.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Is a great people manager that understands to further build, develop and motivate a great team;
· Is highly analytical and structured;
· Thinks strategically and long term, but can also dive deep and stays on top of tactical execution;
· Moves at high speed, and displays a strong bias for action;
· Exhibits excellent business judgment;
· Create an environment where innovative drive is fostered;
· Is a superb communicator, at ease sitting down with top level executives, peers from other teams and regions;
· Has relentlessly high standards;
· Is action and results oriented.