Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About the Role
The Digital Imaging Services (DIS) team handles the post-production activity for Amazon product images to provide consistent imagery, remove distractions and enable customers with their buying decisions. DIS handles the Retouch, Color Authoring (CA), 3D, Video Editing and Quality Audit services for both Studio and Vendor images. DIS also manages customers and vendor's contacts support service for images related queries. A three-dimensional artist, or 3D artist, works in media production and creates elements for 3D images, games and movies. 3D artists are experts in everything about form, color, and light. You create 3D images, review and make changes according to feedback, and create models of different materials.
We're looking for proficient 3D Artists, who can work in a variety of areas such as 3D modeling, texturing, rendering environments and lightning to create exciting and innovative experiences in 3D. The ability to work within and across large, interdependent teams is a must, so the right person will have an implicit understanding of the balance needed between artistry, communication, and partnership. The ideal candidate will be accomplished in working with a variety of 2D and 3D software packages and demonstrate the ability to raise the quality bar in modeling and texturing static 3D objects. You must be able to build a near-perfect model from just a single or small set of photographs.
· The candidate will create and retouch 3D assets and materials for use in web-based, real-time applications and photorealistic renderings.
· Maintain consistently high standards for accuracy, aesthetics, and productivity
· Continuously improve workflows and processes.
· Ability to coach/train the junior artist on the production floor.
· Share best practices, identify process improvement and operational waste reduction.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· 3-7 years of professional experience working in a fast-paced 3D production environment.
· Must demonstrate an understanding of technical art production and end-to-end modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rendering workflows.
· Fast turnaround on both hard-surface and organic modeling is a must.
· Must be very well versed in Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop and other relevant software.
· Highly proficient in rendering and retouching 3D renders to accentuate photo-realism
· Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.