(Location and working style is flexible)
Professional Services Technical Program Manager – Worldwide Capability Mechanism Architect (L6)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Millions of businesses in 150+ countries, from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises, across all industries including public sector, run their operations and applications on AWS. Many of these customers seek help from AWS Professional Services in their transition to a cloud-based IT operating model. AWS Professional Services is building a global professional services team to help our enterprise customers and partners achieve bigger business outcomes around the world.
As part of that, investing in our people, whether hiring the right talent, giving them the development support they need to delight customers in the field, or aligning everyone to Amazon's peculiar culture, is paramount. And doing this at the scale and speed of the AWS business makes this a unique and exciting challenge. This is the goal of the Capacity, Capability, and Culture (3C) program.
Reporting into the global 3C Program Lead, the Worldwide Capability Mechanism Architect will work with global organizational stakeholders such as Human Resources, Leadership Development & Talent Management, and others to 1) develop global capability-oriented programs (think onboarding, always-boarding, leadership development, career management, etc) and tailoring them for the unique needs in the field, 2) build out capability-oriented programs where there is no existing global program, but there is a need in the field and 3) make AWS Professional Services the world's best place for cloud consultants to work and grow their skills and careers. The Worldwide Capability Mechanism Architect will work with 3C Program Field Execution Leads around the world who will execute programs with line managers in the field.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about people, who can work in a matrixed structure, and who has the entrepreneurial spark needed to innovate new ways of building a consulting organization at extreme scale.
· Build, own, and product manage scalable capability-oriented programs (Amazon Mechanisms) along with global organizational stakeholders such as HR and Leadership Development & Talent Management who define global programs, and Field teams who execute them
· Offer “Develop the Best” to our field as a managed service - reduce the amount of time spent on people administration while significantly increasing the outcomes of people strategy
· Collaborate across AWS functions to ensure that we are learning from others and teaching others best practices
· Up to 30% travel expected
· Support the strategic planning process, the annual, quarterly, and monthly rhythm of business
Ideal candidate profile
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
· Hands-on experience with onboarding, always-boarding, and career/development planning
· Hands-on experience as a people manager
· Hands-on experience managing large change initiatives
· Hands-on experience building a large, regional consulting business