Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon is looking for Systems Engineers to deploy, support, sustain, and grow the software systems that build, scale, monitor, secure, manage, and automate one of world's largest networks. The systems team will drive the stability and sustainability of these next-generation network software systems and discover innovative ways to scale and operate them reliably as we expand. In this role, you will work with network, systems and software engineers to create proactive engineering mechanisms that will enable your team to manage the health of a number of distributed specialized Linux server fleets and the software stacks that run on them. You will deploy and monitor the systems and automation to ensure that regional tooling is operating optimally. You will utilize trends and metrics to identify opportunities for improvements within existing frameworks, tools and processes to continuously improve systems.
The ideal candidate will be expected to perform high quality systems deployment, operations, best practices application, optimization, internal/external customer interactions, and produce appropriate technical documentation and reports. He/she will be responsible for systems functionality, performance, and configurations issues. He/she will demonstrate sound knowledge of Linux concepts and theory, and participate in systems deployment and support.
A love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required.
- Calmly and quickly diagnose and fix critical systems failures in high pressure situations?
- Investigate complicated technical issues scientifically and thoroughly, and assist in fixing them so they don't come back?
- Understand how a modern, cloud-hosted application stack works from top to bottom?
- Know how to provide technical solutions to real business problems in a global organization?
If you're a customer-focused Systems Engineer who would like to contribute to a critical success story, we would love to hear from you! Over a million customers rely on Amazon Web Services (AWS) network for building and running their applications and businesses. Our customers success depends on our world-class network infrastructure, and our network depends on our systems team!
This position requires that applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government clearance with polygraph.
Ideal candidate profile
· 0-1+ years design, implementation or consulting experience with distributed software applications and architectures.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Linux, hands on and related debugging
· Demonstrated proficiency with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, C, C++, Java or Ruby
· Undergraduate or graduate technical degree required in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field