Within AWS, we are focused on bringing knowledge and capability to customers through three layers of the AI stack: Frameworks and Infrastructure with tools like Apache MXNet and TensorFlow, API-driven Services like Amazon Polly and Rekognition to quickly add intelligence to applications, and Machine Learning Platforms such as SageMaker and Apache Spark ML on EMR for data scientists.
We are a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers and providing the tools they need to innovate. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon Web Services.
We strive to hire the brightest minds from universities around the globe for students with undergraduate and advanced degrees with diverse academic backgrounds. You do not need to be a machine learning scientist to join our team, you need to be eager to learn, intensely curious and motivated to dive in and innovate with us.
As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to help AWS build the platforms that will set the standard for cloud computing for the U.S. Intelligence Community agencies and beyond! This position is perfect for you if you’re interested in creating tools and automation so that engineers can be as hands-off as possible. We want our services to be as autonomous as possible, and that can only be done by having bright engineers who understand how to Think Big, simplify solutions to complex unprecedented problems, all in pursuit of the best customer experience possible. Our environment is built for engineers who flourish in creating automation to reduce the operational workload rather than simply performing operational work all day. This frees up time for us to create new products and features that benefit our customers inside the Intelligence Community.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport. By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· Ability to perform basic technical troubleshooting.
· Have a passion for learning
· Ability to work with peers to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
· Some distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience.
· Experience working with Linux, or other Unix operating systems.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Experience with the Linux Operating System and its command line tools
· Experience with coding in at least one of these languages - Python, C, C++, Java or Ruby
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field or relevant work experience.