Are you passionate about building, owning and operating satellite and space ground processing systems and ready to make another game-changing technology? If the answer is yes, then Amazon Web Services (AWS) has an exciting opportunity for you.
AWS Ground Station is a fully managed global Ground Station as a Service (GSaaS) that allows our customers to easily and cost-effectively control satellites, ingest and process satellite data, and innovate with other AWS Services. It provides satellite customers ground station services with no ground station infrastructure commitments, usage-based per-minute pricing, self-service scheduling, and a global network of ground stations in close proximity to AWS Regions so customers can access AWS services, infrastructure and global network within milliseconds of downlinking data from their satellite.
Joining the AWS Ground Station team gives you the opportunity to:
· Work on a disruptive service that's still in its very early stages
· Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize satellite connectivity in the cloud
· Work for a recognized leader in supporting space customers with cloud computing
· Have direct impact on hundreds, possibly thousands, of users of AWS Ground Station
Come join a growing team of builders and innovators that think outside the box. A team that thinks big and gets process out of the way of development. That leverages AWS technologies to their fullest to grow a new ecosystem in the cloud. That's committed to low operational burden by designing for it. That puts work-life balance, personal and professional growth as a principle, not a goal.
Software development engineer positions require a depth and breadth of knowledge in design and development, experience with agile methodologies, proficiency in a high-level language, and experience building highly scalable systems involving distributed services and persistent storage. You will own the design of major deliverable and have opportunities to build them from scratch. This is a high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company.
This role requires the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance with Poly, US Citzienship Required.
Ideal candidate profile
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills (Ruby, Java, and/or C++), preferably on Linux