Launch – Amazon's corporate MBA Program for UK
£ Competitive basic salary + sign on bonuses + benefits
Posting Date: 28th November 2019
Closing date: 3rd January 2020
The Launch Full-Time Program offers two job rotations, allowing you to transfer to a different location as part of your second rotation. MBAs attend an onboarding bootcamp, enabling career changers to ramp up quickly. MBAs are supported with networking opportunities, training, and mentorship. The program equips participants with the skills and broad experiences to become adaptable leaders.
In the 36-month program, MBAs rotate through two distinct business units, in two different job functions. Opportunities within different business areas include: Retail, Alexa, Devices, Fresh, Kindle, Prime, Amazon Business, Video, Amazon Media Group and Amazon Web Services.
Example job functions include:
· Sr. Vendor Manager: Identify new brand and product business opportunities, manage relationships with key vendors, negotiate competitive business terms, and secure participation in promotions and marketing programs.
· Sr. Instock Manager: Develop and execute inventory management strategies (including forecasting, capacity planning, and supply chain optimization), determine how to allocate resources for variable cost reduction and profit margin improvement to drive overall profitability for the business unit.
· Sr. Marketing Manager: Develop and execute strategies for growing the size and lifetime value of the business unit's customer base, through both acquisition and CRM strategies for targeting and communicating with customers.
· Sr. Category Merchant Manager: Manage the entire portfolio of third-party merchant accounts, support revenue growth and traffic, conduct regular intensive business analysis and reporting, and support the development of the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program, and manage projects working with our technology teams to build an extraordinary customer experience.
· Sr. Product Manager: Support the definition and launch of new retail products, services, or features (i.e.: Amazon Family, Textbook Buyback) in partnership with technical teams, evaluate the existing experience(s) for customers on and off Amazon, identify areas for improvement, develop business requirements, craft and implement marketing plans, and own measures of success.
· Sr. Program Manager: Find solutions to complex problems and innovate on leading edge solutions to manage programs broadly across businesses within Amazon. Given responsibility to own those business challenges and the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions. Drive efforts independently and as part of larger project teams, and have a significant impact on the customer experience and the business.
Ideal candidate profile
· MBA from a globally ranked top tier business school - you should be graduating within the next 3 months
· If you have completed your MBA you may prefer to search for specific roles such as those listed above.
· High level of academic achievement including strong undergraduate degree from a leading university in a numerate, scientific or technical discipline
· 4+ years work experience prior to your MBA; gained in a fast moving, recognisably successful organization within the Retail, FMCG, strategic consulting or e-commerce sector
· Leadership skills gained through leading a team or project within a commercial context
· Skilled in commercial negotiation, account management or other client –facing project work
· Very strong analytical skills, with the ability to absorb and use data to drive fast accurate decisions for the customer
· Evidence of ownership and the ability to deliver results
· Proven ability to influence; make an impact internally and externally; and to drive change
· Fluency in English, first class written and verbal communications skills