Interested in Amazon Alexa? We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
We are looking for Master's and PhD students to join Amazon Research in Aachen for a 3-6 month internship in 2020 to help build industry-leading speech and language solutions to enhance user interactions with our products and provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As a Research Scientist Intern on our team, you will build and optimize cutting-edge natural language understanding systems and conduct core research aimed at advancing the state of the art. This involves:
• Researching the latest modeling techniques. Understanding trade-offs between competing approaches, and identifying the ones that are likely to have real impact on our customers
• Implementing and/or improving modeling tools, training recipes and prototypes utilizing programming skills in Python and/or Java
• Conducting experiments to assess the quality of language processing modules and to study the effect of different modeling technique
• Analyzing field data in order to identify areas of possible improvement or enhancement of the system.
• Presenting and discussing ideas and results within the team and beyond.
Ideal candidate profile
· Pursuing a graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in computer science, computational linguistics, mathematics, or a related field
· Comprehensive and deep knowledge of a relevant field of research, such as natural language understanding, natural language processing, machine translation, or machine learning
· Solid coding skills (preferably Python and/or Java)
· Enthusiasm for applying machine learning to real-world problems
· Experience using Unix/Linux
· Computer science grounding in algorithms and data structures
· Ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form