Amazon is looking for PhD students to join the Machine Translation (MT) research group in Berlin for a 3-6 months internship in 2020.
Our international team researches and develops novel and state-of-the-art MT technologies to improve and scale the AWS AI service Amazon Translate. If you are passionate about removing language barriers and serve the translation needs of customers by solving complex science problems, come work with us on improving translation quality across many languages or building highly efficient deep learning models. We collaborate closely with other science and product teams across Amazon as well as local universities and the open-source community.
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain experience in solving deep technical problems and building innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working within a smart and passionate team, this might be the role for you. As part of the internship you will be a full member of our team working with other scientists and software development engineers on completing a self-contained internship project. Internship projects often include the goal of publishing findings or open-sourcing code developed during the internship.
· · Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
· · Experience with neural machine translation and deep learning frameworks.
· · Publications in top-tier NLP and ML conferences and journals
We offer flexible start dates throughout the whole year. We encourage you to apply early as we will fill positions as they become available.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
Ideal candidate profile
· On-track for postgraduate degree in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, or in a related field.
· Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: deep learning, probabilistic modelling, statistical machine learning, data processing & data analytics, or application-specific expertise in NLP.
· Enthusiasm for applying machine learning to real-world problems.
· Computer science grounding in a range of algorithms, data structures, and programming languages; experience in Python and/or MXNet is a plus.
· Ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.