Help Amazon Rethink Bodies: help us turn pixels in to people by evaluating computer vision approaches to extracting/synthesizing human shape, pose and appearance
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our friendly, international team at Bodylabs: Amazon, at one of our Amazon Development Centres (Tuebingen, Germany; Barcelona, Spain; or New York, USA). At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.Our interns join one of our small agile teams at our development centres, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global business. Your team will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems, which meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale.
Job Responsibilities include
· Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for training and prediction.
· Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches.
· Working closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations.
· Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
· Develop prototypes stemming from scientific ideas.
· Publishing results at academic conferences.
Ideal candidate profile
· On-track for Graduate degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or in a related quantitative field.
· Understanding of, and practical experience with, machine learning/statistics/image processing/signal processing.
· Computer science grounding in a range of algorithms and data-structures.
· Proficient in an object-orientated programming language (Java, C++, C#, Python, etc.)
· Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.