We are looking for Master's and PhD students to join Amazon CoreAI in Berlin for a 3-6 month internship in 2020.
Our team develops innovative machine learning-based solutions for a range of applications in economics, planning, and logistics. We focus on methods from the field of probabilistic modelling and inference with emphasis on scalability and robustness. To this end, we collaborate closely with other science and product teams across Amazon as well as local universities and the open-source community.
As part of the internship you will be a full member of our team working with other scientists and software development engineers on completing a self-contained internship project. Specific challenges will be dealing with very large heterogenous datasets, designing novel algorithms that are robust and reliable, and efficient implementations that can run in production. Some internship projects also include the goal of publishing findings or open-sourcing code developed during the internship.
Ideal candidate profile
· On-track for graduate or postgraduate degree in Machine Learning, Data Science, Applied Statistics or in a related field.
· Hands-on experience in probabilistic modelling/Bayesian inference.
· Enthusiasm for applying machine learning to real-world problems.
· Computer science grounding in a range of algorithms and data structures.
· Programming experience in Python.
· Ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form