We are a diverse computer vision research group in Berlin, Germany creating novel solutions in collaboration with product teams all across Amazon for some of the most visible and exciting problems out there. Our work focuses on challenging computer vision problems that require substantial innovation to be able to deliver products with real world impact in various application fields, e.g. for Prime Video, Prime Photos, Robotics and Retail. If that sounds interesting for you and if you want to get a taste of living in one of the most exciting places of the world, then we have the perfect role for you. We have several open research internship positions that can start anytime in the year and can last between 3 and 6 months.
Our research group is addressing a diverse set of exciting applications within many different computer vision domains such as Product Detection and Recognition, Video Understanding, Geo-Localization, Image Captioning, 3D Content Creation, Visual Search and Visual Question Answering. We are interested to learn more about your computer vision areas of interest and your specific skillset beforehand, and hence will give you the opportunity to select your project, within one of our diverse application domains, on your own. We are looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, curious, motivated and creative; someone who will help us build on the positive team culture we have cultivated in the past.
· Research, design, implement and evaluate novel computer vision algorithms
· Work on large-scale datasets, creating scalable, robust and accurate computer vision systems in versatile application fields
· Collaborate closely with researchers and engineers to drive systems from prototyping to production level
· Collaborate with teams spread all around the world
· Experience in publishing at computer science conferences or journals
· Hands-on experience with popular deep learning frameworks
· Hands-on experience with Python
· Strong verbal and written communication
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it.
Ideal candidate profile
· Currently enrolled as computer vision PhD student
· Knowledge of fundamentals in computer vision and machine learning
· Ability to turn ideas into code in any programming language