The AI Platforms Science team at Amazon Web Services (AWS) welcomes internship applications in the area of active learning, meta-learning, continual learning, automatic machine learning and Bayesian decision making. We are a Berlin based team of consisting scientists and developers working on Amazon SageMaker. We enable a wide range of external and internal customers to save time and resources when training and deploying machine learning models by, for example, automating the data collection, hyperparameter tuning, or algorithm selection. We innovate in fundamental directions, while being guided by real customer pain points.
An internship with us will give you a unique experience of how current state-of-the-art research is invented and shaped to meet the needs of machine learning services offered in the cloud.
· Research and implement novel approaches, at the intersection between machine learning and optimization
· Understand our business problem and evaluate your solution accordingly
· Collaborate with developers and pave the way of bringing your solution into production systems
· Communicate and document your research according to the high standards, preferably with external scientific contributions
We offer flexible start dates throughout the whole year. Please note that we expect to experience a high volume of applications and we will fill positions as they become available, so we encourage you to apply early. Please include your academic transcript in your CV.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
· Publications in top conferences (NIPS, ICML, KDD, AISTATS or journals like JMLR)
· Contributions to open source projects
· Experience with MXNet
· Familiar with Unix, bash scripting and similar
· Previous internships
Ideal candidate profile
· PhD student in computer science, machine learning, applied math, statistics, or related field (a candidate not in a PhD program could be considered if she/he has a strong publication record to demonstrate her/his research skills)
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in Python and/or C++ and/or Java
· Designing, running, and analyzing experiments
· Communication and presentation skills
· Problem solving ability