You: Alexa, I am looking for an internship position where I could learn and innovate in AI, and impact the life of millions of people worldwide. It would be great if I could publish about it as well. What do you suggest?
Alexa: The Alexa Shopping team is looking for interns to help me become the best personal shopping assistant. Do you want to hear more?
You: Yes, please!
Alexa: As an intern in the Alexa Shopping Research team, you will work with top researchers and engineers to explore and devise new AI technologies for voice shopping. Your work will combine deep learning, data mining, exploration of new domains, as well as submission of your work to a top scientific conference.
Ideally, you are enrolled in a PhD program, have strong CS foundations, solid programming skills, and have already published at a peer-reviewed conference. Especially relevant, if your field of expertise is Web search, Web data mining, Applied/Theoretical Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Speech, or Artificial Intelligence.
Ideal candidate profile
· Second year MSc in Computer Science, or related field.
· Submitted a research paper to a top conference.
· Strong CS foundations (data structures and algorithms).
· Knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++, Java, or Python.
· Good writing and verbal English skills.