The Amazon research group that stands behind the AmazonGo (amazon.com/go) techology is looking for Applied Research interns. The group develops algorithmic solutions for diverse Computer Vision and Machine Learning problems faced in AmazonGo and other Amazon Physical Retail projects.
We are looking for outstanding researchers with theoretical and practical knowledge in Machine Learning/Computer Vision. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that is higher than in most projects and relish the idea of working on real-world research problems that have not been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a lot, have fun and be given an opportunity to come up with innovative, disrupting solutions that may positively affect millions of people.
We encourage academic publications and chose assignments for research interns such that the assigned task would likely result in a publication.
The position is available in Haifa and Tel Aviv.
Ideal candidate profile
· PhD/MSc (or studying towards a degree) in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or related discipline
· Practical experience with at least one object oriented programming language (e.g. C++) and one scripting language (e.g. Python).
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Comfortable with ambiguity
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills