Shaping the future of travel is important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
Our business success relies on our people being always passionate about what we do. We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first.
We encourage you to be part of new and exciting projects and for you to take the lead when it comes to your progression.
Since mobility allows you and Amadeus to grow, we always look internally first when searching for candidate.
Are you ready to work for a technology company that was voted Red Hat innovator of the year in 2016 and in 2014, 2015 and 2016 was the leading European investor in R&D for the travel and tourism sector? We have the job for you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic software engineer to work on our new Agility Hub platform, based at our London Heathrow development centre. This platform generates a lot of interest in the airline community.
You will join a team following agile scrum methodology that is designing, developing and maintaining a real-time streaming platform, using state of the art technology. This platform touches all segments of our business such as reservations, ticketing, departure control, inventory or even airlines proprietary systems. This platform allows airlines to react in real-time to their operations, creating and running key use cases in a modern and highly serviceable environment.
Within Amadeus, the Agility Platform team works closely with teams across multiple sites (London, Nice, Bangalore, Miami, Erding), applications and groups (R&D, Global Operations). As a Software Development Engineer, you will be accountable for the technical design, development and delivery of the product functionalities based on the solutions agreed with stakeholders.
By joining AGP department, you will have a unique opportunity to participate in the design and development of a strategical new product for Amadeus. Your deliverables and support will be key in the success of Amadeus Agility Hub initiatives.
As a software development engineer within AIR-CMG-AGP department, you will be in charge of the technical design and delivery of some key components:
· Our real-time data acquisition platform (ETL), leveraging on Kafka and MongoDB to build a powerful, micro-service based, streaming architecture
· Our Rule Engine module based on drools (along with its Angular User Interface) in charge of doing real-time analysis of data streams and triggering operational use cases accordingly
· Our Agility Hub RESTful “Digital API” in JSON
· All components being cloud ready, making the most of Red Hat Openshift technology
You will also be involved in future developments of Agility Platform product. That includes addition of a Big Data module (Hadoop/spark ecosystem), intended to provide Airline Data Scientists all the tools to analyse their data, build models and apply machine learning to their business and operations.
You will need to:
• Be passionate about and committed to delivering high quality software
• Able to deliver high quality results in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
• Think and code like a designer/architect
• Design, document, develop, implement and unit test software modules
• Design elegant and workable software solutions, both on an application and system-wide level
• Consistently meet established deadlines
• Maintain timely reports on status of projects, potential technical problems and any other relevant details
• Participate in the validation/acceptance phase of the product cycle ensuring the fine-tuning necessary to finalize the product (when applicable)
Maintain and optimise
• Troubleshoot and investigate defects raised by our customers to ensure compliance of our products to the specifications and system integrity
• Debug efficiently
• Create and update standardized documentation
• Conduct routine performance analysis and optimize software
• Work closely with Product Management, Technical Business Analysts, Quality Assurance and Global Operations to create and develop high quality code for internal/external customers that works and is consistent with requirements documents
• Collaborate with your fellow team members, to benefit from their knowledge and different backgrounds, and bring your own assets to the team
• Coordinate cross team/cross area development with other teams and developers
You will have:
· A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, or other significant industry experience
· Fluent English
· Java, Linux, Kafka and MongoDB experience
· Any Python or Scala experience would be a plus.
· Some knowledge and (ideally) experience in Agile Scrum methodology.
· We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first. We need you to display these qualities too.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, team spirit, multicultural approach, communication skills, analytical and conceptual thinking skills and customer focus.
In return we will offer you:
· A chance to work on software engineering problems that are unique to large scale, mission critical applications
· A competitive salary
· Company bonus
· Flexible / home working opportunities
· A friendly & supportive team environment
· 28 days leave, increasing to 29 after 3 years and 30 after 5 years
· Pension plan (8% company contribution)
· Life assurance
· Private medical insurance, company sickness benefit, permanent health insurance, eye care vouchers, employee wellbeing program
· Optional benefits: dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme
· Access to an online rewards gateway providing discounts at leading UK retailers
Closing date: 17 August 2018
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.