Shaping the future of travel is important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
Our business success relies on our people being always passionate about what we do. We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first.
We encourage you to be part of new and exciting projects and for you to take the lead when it comes to your progression.
Since mobility allows you and Amadeus to grow, we always look internally first when searching for candidate.
Summary of the role
Have you ever wondered what happens behind the scene when you fly with your favourite airline? And are you ready to work for a technology company that was voted Red Hat innovator of the year in 2016 and in 2014, 2015 and 2016 was the leading European investor in R&D for the travel and tourism sector? We have the job for you!
We're looking for an enthusiastic Business Analyst to work on our Baggage Reconciliation System (BRS), a product at the heart of our Departure Control System. Our BRS ensures that a traveller's bag is tracked throughout its journey and the system interfaces with with different check in systems, weight and balance systems, and many more airport-based applications.
The role is based at our London Heathrow development centre.
The BRS team is composed of Business Analysts, Software Engineers and Quality Engineers. The team has close interactions with our customers that help build a strong and collaborative relationship. Agile and flexible methodologies are favoured in order to deliver high quality software and shorten the delivery timeline for the customer. The team is spread across 2 sites:London and Bangalore.
As a Business Analyst, you will nurture a close relationship with our customers and be accountable for the design of the product functionalities based on the customer's needs.
• Analyse requirements submitted by the customer or by Product Management.
• Deliver clear, maintainable and understandable functional specifications and interfaces documentation.
• Identify interactions and assess impacts with other Amadeus packages/products/solutions to ensure functional compatibility.
• Coordinate those interactions from building phase to delivery to ensure the compliance of the delivered functionality.
• Obtain specification validation through carrying out the functional review with Development, QA and Product Management
• Carry out the functional walk-through of the product with the Development team and Product Management
• Contribute with Development teams to technical design for their own area.
• Contribute with QA teams to product quality by giving inputs for the test strategy
Maintain and optimise
• Troubleshoot and investigate defects raised by our customers to ensure compliance of our products to the specifications and system integrity
• Communicate with customers on the steps taken to solve the issues'
Create and innovate
• Analyse needs and requirements, from customer and internal sources, and propose functional/technical solution recommendations with supporting rationale as well as an estimate of the required effort
• Provide on request functional knowledge on their own area for Sales, Account Management, Development, Implementation and Support requests (for elaboration of business cases and RFP responses)
• Provide inputs to Product Management for product functionalities enhancement, business cases and RFP responses, based on their knowledge & product experience. May participate on demand to customer workshops.
• Contribute to innovation and product evolution within their functional area by sharing with peers & product managers’ information such as industry trends & standards etc.
• Show creativity and autonomy in finding solutions to nontrivial problems
• Run the monthly customer session, introduce all new changes to the customers, and collect the feedback proactively to reinject the needed changes in the backlog.
• Work closely with Product Management, Software Engineers, and Quality Assurance to create high quality products and enhancements
• Collaborate with your fellow team members, to benefit from their knowledge and different backgrounds, and bring your own assets to the team
Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
Relevant work experience
Experience in the Travel IT industry is a plus
- An understanding of what it takes to design, build and operate a large scale, complex system that has to operate flawlessly 24x7, 365 days per year.
- We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first. We need you to display these qualities too.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – you will work with other operations and development teams on a daily basis.
Computing: Capability to synthetize thoughts and flows
Languages: Fluent English
Specific knowledge: Travel IT industry experience is a plus
Other: Kanban and SCRUM methodologies, Team spirit, Multicultural approach, good communication skills, analytical and conceptual thinking, customer focus
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.