Write code that impacts the future of global travel!
We're looking for an enthusiastic Software Development Engineer to work on our new Agility Hub platform. The role is based at our London Heathrow development centre.
You will join a team following agile scrum methodology that is designing, developing and maintaining a real-time streaming platform, using state of the art technology. This platform touches all segments of our business such as reservations, ticketing, departure control, inventory or even airlines proprietary systems. This platform allows airlines to react in real-time to their operations, creating and running key use cases in a modern and highly serviceable environment.
Within Amadeus, the Agility Platform team works closely with teams across multiple sites (London, Nice, Bangalore, Miami, Erding), applications and groups. As a Software Development Engineer, you will be accountable for the technical design, development and delivery of the product functionalities based on the solutions agreed with stakeholders.
By joining the department, you will have a unique opportunity to participate in the design and development of a strategical new product for Amadeus. Your deliverables and support will be key in the success of Amadeus Agility Hub initiatives.
You will also be involved in future developments of Agility Platform product. That includes addition of a Big Data module (Hadoop/spark ecosystem), intended to provide Airline Data Scientists all the tools to analyse their data, build models and apply machine learning to their business and operations.
You will be responsible for:
· Our real-time data acquisition platform (ETL), leveraging on Kafka and MongoDB to build a powerful, micro-service based, streaming architecture
· Our Rule Engine module based on drools (along with its Angular User Interface) in charge of doing real-time analysis of data streams and triggering operational use cases accordingly
· Our Agility Hub RESTful “Digital API” in JSON
· All components being cloud ready, making the most of Red Hat Openshift technology
You will have:
· A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, or other significant industry experience
· Fluent English
· Java, Linux, Kafka and MongoDB experience
· Any Python or Scala experience would be a plus.
· Some knowledge and (ideally) experience in Agile Scrum methodology.
· We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first. We need you to display these qualities too.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, team spirit, multicultural approach, communication skills, analytical and conceptual thinking skills and customer focus.
Amadeus is the number one Software Provider for the travel industry and are one of the world’s top 15 software companies.
We build the technology that powers the global travel industry. This includes flight search algorithms that determine the best route to a destination, systems that board over 4 million passengers every day, resource management tools for the world’s busiest airports and software that handles 75,000+ transactions per second.
We have operations in 195 markets, with a global community of over 16,000 people from more than 140 different nationalities.
What we do is mission critical.
Our purpose is to shape the future of travel. We believe that better technology makes better journeys and we make this happen by joining the dots in the entire travel ecosystem.
We have spent over 30 years honing our craft and are regarded amongst the world’s top 15 software companies. Not that we’re ones to boast but we’ve been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) World and DJSI Europe - for the seventh year running!
Closing date: 14 December 2018
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.