Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then you need to keep reading!
When we’re looking to hire at Amadeus, we look internally first. Our teams get the benefit of your experience and you get more chances to grow and progress. So, if you are ready for a new challenge and want to
drive your career, apply now!
Purpose of the role
Amadeus Self Service check-in is a widely popular check-in solution for airlines. It is used by 80 airlines in production today. Here at the Self-Service Check-In (SSCI) team, we manage all R&D for self-service, going from APIs to web check-in and kiosk check-in in airports.
The SSCI product sees many evolutions towards empowering the traveller during the flight check-in and becoming one of the key merchandising touch points. Think printing your bag tag at home, buying ancillaries at web check in and working on offering a world class Digital API in REST/JSON.
The team is lean and works entirely in Scrum. Our small and highly productive team focuses on code quality and process automation: continuous integration, extensive tooling and industry-standard stacks.
As a member of one Scrum team, you will work together with other software engineers and product definition analysts. You will need to analyse user needs and design, code, test, debug, and document software solution with a highly creative mind-set.
We are looking for a talented software engineer to contribute to our C++ back end. We also have AngularJS software engineers in the team. The UI is responsive and powered by AngularJS and Bootstrap. Some of our software engineers are also full stack and contribute to both the C++ back end and the AngularJS front end.
• Define user requirements for development of new or improvement of existing software solutions.
• Design technical solutions and perform feasibility studies.
• Propose viable technical solutions to Product Management and/or users for validation.
• Develop software according to Amadeus Standards.
• Conduct unit, package and performance tests of the software and ensure a level of quality in line with the Amadeus guidelines.
• Participate in the validation / acceptance phase of the product cycle ensuring the fine-tuning necessary to finalize the product.
• Produce software documentation necessary for the application and issue it to the requesting departments.
• Support the end user in the Production phase by debugging existing software solutions
A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, or other significant industry experience.
Relevant work experience
- Knowledge of C++
- We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first. We need you to display these qualities.
- Good interpersonal skills – you will be dealing with internal stakeholders to communicate on requirements, design, usability and review design decisions on a regular basis
It would be desirable, but not essential, if you have:
- SCM knowledge, preferably Git/Bitbucket
- Knowledge of distributed systems/service oriented architectures
Computing - Distributed systems, Linux, Oracle database
Languages - C++, Python is a plus, Shell scripting is a plus
Closing date: 29/06/18
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.