Description de l'offre
If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services
within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us!
Let’s shape the future of travel together.
We're looking for an experienced software engineer to work on our world leading airline passenger servicing system - a system that provides check-in and boarding services to approximately 125 airlines and 1 billion airline passengers each year. The role is based at our London Heathrow development center.
You will join a new team that is redesigning our passenger servicing system to take advantage of a microservice architecture. This is a massive re-engineering project affecting a key mission critical application. It is technically challenging, involving major changes to all layers of our software stack – database, business and presentation. The system is currently designed as a distributed service-oriented-architecture, making extensive use of C++, messaging middleware, Oracle, Linux and MongoDB technologies.
We are looking for a software engineer/architect with a strong background in C++ and microservice architecture who can help us to achieve an optimal redesign of our application.
You will be responsible for:
· Analysing needs and requirements, from customer and internal sources, and propose functional/technical solution recommendations with supporting rationale
· Writing and/or contribute to feasibility studies/analysis documents
· Delivering comprehensive and high quality operational software, documentation, and unit/component tests necessary for the application.
· Identifying interactions and assess impacts with other Amadeus packages/products/solutions to ensure functional and technical compatibility.
· Identifying technical risks and takes responsibility for mitigating and managing them.
· Establishing and improve architectural design of applications.
· Taking responsibility across the full project life cycle.
· Coordination those interactions from building phase to delivery to ensure the compliance of the delivered functionality.
· Carrying out the functional walk-through of the product with the Development team and Product Management
· Contributing with QA teams to product quality by giving inputs for the test strategy
You will have:
· Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
· An understanding of what it takes to design, build and operate a large scale, complex system that has to operate flawlessly 24x7, 365 days per year
· RDMS/SQL (Oracle is a plus)
· Linux for the server/API part
· Experience in development for iOS and Android for the UI part is a plus
Amadeus is the number one Software Provider for the travel industry and are one of the world’s top 15 software companies.
We build the technology that powers the global travel industry. This includes flight search algorithms that determine the best route to a destination, systems that board over 4 million passengers every day, resource management tools for the world’s busiest airports and software that handles 75,000+ transactions per second.
We have operations in 195 markets, with a global community of over 16,000 people from more than 140 different nationalities.
What we do is mission critical.
Our purpose is to shape the future of travel. We believe that better technology makes better journeys and we make this happen by joining the dots in the entire travel ecosystem.
We have spent over 30 years honing our craft and are regarded amongst the world’s top 15 software companies. Not that we’re ones to boast but we’ve been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) World and DJSI Europe - for the seventh year running!
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.