Description de l'offre
Write the code that impacts the future of travel around the world!
At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
We're looking for an enthusiastic Software Development Engineer to work on our world leading airline passenger servicing system - a system that provides check-in and boarding services to approximately 125 airlines and 800 million airline passengers each year. The role is based at our London Heathrow development centre.
You will join a team that designs and delivers solutions for Air France-KLM on the Customer Management application. The team covers a wide range of functional areas: customer identification, check-in, baggage handling, seating, onload/regrade, ancillary services, boarding, customer lists, regulatory checks and many more...
The team has close interactions with the customer that help build a strong and collaborative relationship. Agile and flexible methodologies are favoured in order to deliver high quality software and shorten the delivery timeline for the customer. As a Software Development Engineer, you will be accountable for the technical design and delivery of the product functionalities based on the customer's needs.
You will be responsible for:
· Delivering comprehensive and high quality operational software, documentation, and unit/component tests necessary for the application.
· Identifying interactions and assess impacts with other Amadeus packages/products/solutions to ensure functional and technical compatibility.
· Identifying technical risks and takes responsibility for mitigating and managing them.
· To establish and improve architectural design of applications.
· To take responsibility across the full project life cycle.
· To carry out the functional walk-through of the product with the Development team and Product Management.
· Contributing with QA teams to product quality by giving inputs for the test strategy.
· Troubleshooting and investigate defects raised by our customers to ensure compliance of our products to the specifications and system integrity.
· Communicating with customers on the steps taken to solve the issues.
You will have:
· Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
· Experience as a C++ Software Developer, RDMS/SQL (Oracle is a plus), Standard Template Library, Design Patterns, Unix, knowledge of Java or Python is a plus.
· You will have to show motivation and quick adaptability to work on a complex 24/7 system.
· Experience in the Travel IT industry is a plus.
· An understanding of what it takes to design, build and operate a large scale, complex system that has to operate flawlessly 24x7, 365 days per year.
· We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first. We need you to display these qualities too.
· Excellent interpersonal skills – you will work with other operations and development teams on a daily basis.
Amadeus is the number one Software Provider for the travel industry and are one of the world’s top 15 software companies.
We build the technology that powers the global travel industry. This includes flight search algorithms that determine the best route to a destination, systems that board over 4 million passengers every day, resource management tools for the world’s busiest airports and software that handles 75,000+ transactions per second.
We have operations in 195 markets, with a global community of over 16,000 people from more than 140 different nationalities.
What we do is mission critical.
Our purpose is to shape the future of travel. We believe that better technology makes better journeys and we make this happen by joining the dots in the entire travel ecosystem.
We have spent over 30 years honing our craft and are regarded amongst the world’s top 15 software companies. Not that we’re ones to boast but we’ve been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) World and DJSI Europe - for the seventh year running!
Closing date: 24 November 2018
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.