Business Analyst - Travel IT
Amadeus Job Title: Product Definition Analyst
Location: London, Heathrow Airport
Additional Benefits: 28 days holiday, pension, healthcare, bonus, discount schemes, free car parking, amongst others
We’re looking for a talented Business Analyst like you who shares our passion for creating innovative technology. You’ll be motivated to work closely with product management, software engineers and quality analyst’s to create high quality products and enhancements. You will have a strong team spirit as well as analytical and conceptual thinking.
You’ll want to join a global company that’s an industry leader and one that positively supports your career growth, developing you both personally & professionally.
About the Team and the Role
The Self Service Check-In (SSCI) team is key to the London Digital Portfolio. The products see many evolutions towards empowering the traveler during the check-in process and it is becoming one of the key merchandising touch points. Think printing your bag tag at home, buying ancillaries at web check in and working on offering a world class Digital API in REST/JSON.
The team is responsible for the development of a range of products including kiosk, mobile check-in, web check-in and Digital Experience API. Our small and highly productive team focuses on code quality and process automation: continuous integration, extensive tooling and industry-standard stacks.
What you’ll be doing
As a Business Analyst, you’ll be in charge of some of the following key components:
· Analyse requirements submitted by Product Management or by the customer
· Deliver clear, maintainable and understandable functional specifications and interfaces documentation
· Identify interactions and assess impacts with other Amadeus packages/products/solutions to ensure functional compatibility.
· Coordinate those interactions from building phase to delivery to ensure the compliance of the delivered functionality.
· Obtain specification validation through carrying out the functional review with Development, QA and Product Management
· Carry out the functional walk-through of the product with the Development team and Product Management
· Provide inputs to Product Management for product functionalities enhancement, business cases and RFP responses, based on their knowledge & product experience. May participate on demand to customer workshops.
You’ll also be instrumental in building an understanding of the relationships between work process and the business, both within and beyond the horizons of the immediate team.
You’ll have the following technical skills & experiences:
· A degree in Computer Science or industry related field
· Ability to understand complex business processes and translate them into specifications, clear diagrams (e.g. flowcharts)
· Good communication and influencing skills
· Change management and flexibility
· Relationship and team building
It’ll be a bonus if you have:
· Experience in the Travel IT industry
· Agile Methodology experience
· Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
· Amadeus product knowledge
Who we are:
We are a recognized Top UK Employer for 2019 and the number one software provider for the travel industry. Our solutions connecttravelers tothe journeys they want through travel agents, search engines, tour operators, airlines, airports, hotels, cars and railways.We are 17,000 professionals from over 140 different nationalities with a global mindset and a local presence, wherever our customers need us. We help connect over 1.5 billion people a year to local travel providers in over 190 countries’. Every second, our softwareprocesses 75,000+ transactions and boards 40 airline passengers.
Travel powers societal progress. The technology Amadeus creates powers travel. Join us and help us to shape the future of travel.
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.