If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services
within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us!
Let’s shape the future of travel together.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Business Analyst and Product Owner for the AFS (Air-France – KLM FM Solution Centre team), based in our London Heathrow Solution centre.
The AFS team is working on the Amadeus Altea Flight Management product (FM), which manages the Departure Plan and the Weight and Balance for many airlines.
Withing the group, the team is a scrum team dedicated to one customer, Air France - KLM, and is responsible for designing, implementing and testing new features on FM. The team has built close relationship with the customers and with the teams within and outside the direct organisation, in different sites (London, Nice, Bangalore, Sydney) and groups (R&D, Product Management, Implementation, Operations)
The role mostly consists in:
· Acting as first of contact for the team for both internal and external stakeholders
· Defining the product roadmap for the AFS team, by defining, grooming and prioritising the user stories
· As a business analyst, analyse, design and document requirements
· Ensuring that the solutions are in line with the FM product strategy
· Participating in the recurring tasks for FM
You will be responsible for:
· The product backlog for AFS.
· Respect sprint rules (E.g: change backlog items to be done and their priorities between sprints (not during an ongoing sprint).
· Closely collaborates with team and Scrum Master to share the Product Backlog understanding,
· to clarify backlog items and their 'acceptance criteria'
· to take into account new proposed backlog items
· to prepare for refinement and planning meetings
· Asks to the team estimations of backlog items when needed.
· Work in collaboration with the Scrum Master to ensure capacity and appropriate skills are part of the team and identify risk early enough
· Motivates Team Members by constantly showing interest in team achievements, by bridging team and customers and by actively contributing to the team continuous improvement approach.
· Represents the customer to the team and thus accepts or rejects and give feedback on backlog items the team completed.
· Help analyse business requirements for development of new software solutions.
· Innovate by designing and documenting new features taking into account both industry evolution and technical evolution.
· Guarantee the consistency of Flight Management
You will have:
· A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, or other significant industry experience
· Business Analyst or Software Development experience
· Analytical skills / ability to provide synthetic views adapted to your audience
· Knowledge and (ideally) experience in Agile Scrum methodology, as a PO preferably
· Experience with Amadeus environment is required
· Knowledge of the DCS, and in particular of Flight management would be appreciated
· General knowledge of airline business and/or travel agency IT business is a plus
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.