Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then you need to keep reading!
When we’re looking to hire at Amadeus, we look internally first. Our teams get the benefit of your experience and you get more chances to grow and progress. So, if you are ready for a new challenge and want to
drive your career, apply now!
Purpose of the role
Flying is easy, isn't it? You are used to catching planes to fly all around the world. Check in, print your boarding passes, drop your bags, go through the security, then board the plane... it's no rocket science.
Is it really that simple? Do you really know how it works behind the scenes? How does the airline make sure you paid what you owed before letting you on-board, how do they know you will make it on-time when they let you check-in, if the country where you land will let you go through? How do they know for sure who has boarded and who has not? When the flight is overbooked, how do they decide who gets accepted, who should be proposed money to volunteer to take the next one, and who will not be accepted at all?
This is a very complex business, always changing, where any mistake can severely damage the airline reputation and business, and where all airlines have their set of specificities that we need to accommodate.
We are managing the world leading airline Passenger Servicing System - a system that provides check-in and boarding services to approximately 125 airlines and 1 billion passengers each year.
We're looking for enthusiastic Business Analysts to work with our customers to understand their business needs and to propose corresponding solutions and evolution to our Departure Control System (DCS) product to address these. The role is based at our London Heathrow development center.
You will join the team that develops and maintains the software that handles the complex logic to manage the acceptance (check-in), boarding and all processes related to document printing at the core of the Amadeus DCS Customer Mangement application.
The ABP team is composed of Business Analysts, Software Developpers, and Quality Engineers. Within Amadeus, the ABP team works closely with teams across multiple sites (London, Nice, Bangalore, Sydney, Boston), applications (DCS Customer Management, DCS Flight Management, Inventory, Reservation, Ticketing) and divisions (R&D, Product Management, Implementation).
You will work in close collaboration with Developers and QA during the different phases of a project, using either a Waterfall or Agile (Scrum) approach depending on the profile of the client and the project.
As a Business Analyst, you will also frequently interact with Product Managers, as well as directly with customers (airlines and airport ground handlers) at different stages of the projects:
• in the scoping and requirement phase
• during demonstrations of the functionality delivered
• in the context of customer support during cutover to our system, which gives a unique insight on how the system is used day to day by end users
• Analyse requirements submitted by Product Management or by the customer.
• Deliver clear, maintainable and understandable functional specifications and interfaces documentation.
• Identify interactions and assess impacts with other Amadeus packages/products/solutions to ensure functional compatibility.
• Coordinate those interactions from building phase to delivery to ensure the compliance of the delivered functionality.
• Obtain specification validation through carrying out the functional review with Development, QA and Product Management
• Carry out the functional walk-through of the product with the Development team and Product Management
• Contribute with Development teams to technical design for their own area.
• Contribute with QA teams to product quality by giving inputs for the test strategy
Maintain and optimise
• Troubleshoot and investigate defects raised by our customers to ensure compliance of our products to the specifications and system integrity
• Communicate with customers on the steps taken to solve the issues
Create and innovate
• Analyse needs and requirements, from customer and internal sources, and propose functional/technical solution recommendations with supporting rationale as well as an estimate of the required effort
• Provide on request functional knowledge on their own area for Sales, Account Management, Development, Implementation and Support requests (for elaboration of business cases and RFP responses)
• Provide inputs to Product Management for product functionalities enhancement, business cases and RFP responses, based on their knowledge & product experience. May participate on demand to customer workshops.
• Contribute to innovation and product evolution within their functional area by sharing with peers & product managers information such as industry trends & standards etc.
• Show creativity and autonomy in finding solutions to nontrivial problems
• Work closely with Product Management, Software Engineers, and Quality Assurance to create high quality products and enhancements
• Collaborate with your fellow team members, to benefit from their knowledge and different backgrounds, and bring your own assets to the team
- An understanding of what it takes to design, build and operate a large scale, complex system that has to operate flawlessly 24x7, 365 days per year.
- We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first. We need you to display these qualities too.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – you will work with other operations and development teams on a daily basis.
Computing - Capability to synthetise thoughts and flows (e.g. UML modelling etc.)
Specific knowledge - Travel IT industry experience is a plus
Other - Excellent communication and synthesis skills, analytical and conceptual thinking, strong customer focus. Team spirit, Multicultural approach. Kanban and SCRUM methodologies.
Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.