Description de l'offre
If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services
within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us!
Let’s shape the future of travel together.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Business Analyst (known internally as a Product Definition Analyst) to work in a team that bridges the Reservation (RES) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) worlds. Working with the RES - DCS synchronization team (SQP) based in London gives you the opportunity to work on projects and processes for these two complex domains.
As part of the division in charge of Content, Booking and Ticketing, the mission of the team is to design new products or enhance existing ones to deliver the vision of our business units in the following areas:
· Synchronization of passenger data between Altéa RES and Altéa DCS or external DCS
· Customer Transfer Processes
· Tour Operator booking flows
· Ground Handling messages exchange
The team works mainly on Airline IT and Airport IT projects using an agile framework with their counterpart product definition analysts and quality engineers for project (Scrum) and production support (Kanban) activities.
· Analyse requirements submitted by Product Management or by the customer.
· Deliver clear, maintainable and understandable functional specifications and interfaces documentation.
· Identify interactions and assess impacts with other Amadeus packages/products/solutions to ensure functional compatibility.
· Coordinate those interactions from building phase to delivery to ensure the compliance of the delivered functionality.
· Obtain specification validation through carrying out the functional review with Development, QA and Product Management
· Carry out the functional walk-through of the product with the Development team and Product Management
· Contribute with Development teams to technical design for their own area.
· Contribute with QA teams to product quality by giving inputs for the test strategy
· Provide inputs to Product Management for product functionalities enhancement, business cases and RFP responses, based on their knowledge & product experience. May participate on demand to customer workshops.
You will have:
· Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
· Experience in the travel industry IT industry is a plus
· Ability to understand complex business processes and translate them into specifications, clear diagrams (e.g. flowcharts).
· Agile methodology is a plus
· Multicultural Approach and team spirit
· Analytical and conceptual thinking
· Accountability and Proactivity
· Change management and Flexibility
· Industry and Business Expertise
· Relationship & Team Building
· Customer Focus
· Good communication and influencing skills
Amadeus is the number one Software Provider for the travel industry and are one of the world’s top 10 software companies.
We build the technology that powers the global travel industry. This includes flight search algorithms that determine the best route to a destination, systems that board over 4 million passengers every day, resource management tools for the world’s busiest airports and software that handles 75,000+ transactions per second.
We have operations in 195 markets, with a global community of over 16,000 people from more than 140 different nationalities.
What we do is mission critical.
Our purpose is to shape the future of travel. We believe that better technology makes better journeys and we make this happen by joining the dots in the entire travel ecosystem.
If you would like to join us, click below.
Closing date: 16th January 2019
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.