If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services
within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us!
Let’s shape the future of travel together.
The Amadeus Horizon 3 group, part of Amadeus Innovation and Research (INR), is looking for a talented applied research internto join our team in London.
The ideal candidate will be a hardworking, motivated, deadline driven who can combine independently evaluating, selecting and applying standardized scientific or engineering procedures and techniques, with alove of building cutting edge prototypes.
The applicantis to perform in a demanding, high-energy position requiring flexibility and innovative technical solutions to the challenges of processing, interpreting and analyzing unstructured text documents. We are seeking individuals with an understanding of the state of the art in NLP research.
Knowledge of best practices in prototyping is highly desirable. You will be working on distributed projects and within virtual teams bringing expert knowledge in rapid prototyping to the table.
Internship mainly involves building,
1/ components of new Natural Language Understanding API focused on travel domain.
2/ cognitive application prototypes such as Chatbots, voice to text applications and IoT
Research, analyze and translate business, market and user requirements and innovative ideas into cutting edge prototypes
· Collect customer requirements and analyze feasibility, cost and potential benefits.
· Master the latest development technologies
· Monitor new trends on software architecture, technology and design
· Design software and software architecture in order to achieve stability, scalability and performance
· Develop and implement software, templates, databases and interfaces if needed.
· Participate in hackathons
· Candidates will be required to submit a portfolio or samples of their work as part of the application process
In the field of natural language processing:
· Design and implement secure, scalable, and fault-tolerant solutions across a distributed architecture, with the objective of researching and developing natural language processing approaches applicable across multiple domains.
· Independently design and undertake new applications of NLP research as well as partner in a team environment across organizations.
· Prototype and integrate new approaches to improve event extraction from unstructured text and knowledge base population.
· Perform metrics-based evaluations of new technologies from research organizations to determine potential contributions.
· Recommends process, product and/or service improvements based on understanding and anticipation of internal and external business challenges
· Autonomously solves unique and complex problems that have broad impact in the business
Receives guidance from management only in the most complex situations
Currently persuing engineering degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Mathematics.
Exposure to NLP or a related discipline, such as computational linguistics, machine learning, or artificial intelligence will be a plus.
Relevant Work Experience
Experience using machine learning, text mining or natural language processing techniques.
Knowledge of state-of-the-art methods coupled with the creativity and intelligence to advance beyond them.
· Good collaboration skills with people and within projects
· Good presentation skills (e.g., colleagues, customers, conferences)
Computing - AI languages such as LISP, Java, Python, Django, NLP Algorithm and tools. Strong Machine learning and Deep learning skills
Languages -Python, Java, C++, Oracle, No Sql database.
Specific Knowlege -Experience of building cognitive applications such as Chatbots
This is a 12 month internship
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.