Academy Operations Support OfficerAlstom
The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop and market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Purpose of the Role
This role reporting to the Academy Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the Academy operates effectively and efficiently in order to deliver a quality and on time service to customers both internal and external.
· Run the Academy operationally on a daily basis utilising applicable Academy/business processes for: scheduling, planning, utilisation, delegate admin,housekeeping, team correspondence, organisation, commercial revenue, funding tracking and standards compliance.
· Use and run Academy business applications/systems (i.e PICs/other) for funding and learner registration, enrolment, progression tracking. Enrol and manage learners on learning technology management software including course material upload ensuring customer expectation is met.
· Achieve personal and support team KPIs/SLA across the whole provision and portfolio of services as applicable to role not limited to: facilities, bookings, conferences, seminars, apprentice and engineer logistics, and course attendees (national), resources, equipment/kit and compliance.
· Contribute actively in the further development of operations provision to meet the needs of the Academy, the wider transport industry and key stakeholders.
· Own the Customer Experience deliver and ensure the customer experience is best in class; includes mistake proofing actions, customer satisfaction reporting, benchmarking and feedback for the fulfilment of Academy SLA metrics.
· Provide Academy IT and business applications systems 1st line support to staff and learners. Develop capability through CPD and act as the team IT systems first line support ‘go to’ for learning technology and Academy business applications. Ensure escalation of urgent issues is acted upon in a timely manner to resolve.
· Create and design where applicable and provide quality and timely reprographics materials/collateral to Trainers/others in support of the Academy provision and delivery schedule. Ensure offline required materials for remote training/events are dispatched and delivered on time.
· Ensure maximum utilisation of Hub and spoke training and conference facilities/resources to target through effective and efficient demand and logistics planning and scheduling.
· Liaise with Alstom Widnes facilities and site management to ensure all maintenance, maintenance contracts, IT systems management and support and site H&S and legal compliance and quality management processes are in place; and are achieving SLAs.
· Work closely with training and apprenticeships functions to support the achievement of Levy based other apprenticeship and training revenue targets on time and to identify, specify, develop and resource new offerings.
· Operate the Academy as a profit centre ensuring operating expenses and revenue are realised to agreed targets KPIs
· Provide day to day client relationship management of Academy customers meeting needs, expectations, course bookings, accounts payable and escalation, customer satisfaction.
· Supplier management and admin encompassing delivery tools and services, training and content providers; monitor and report for KPI and SLA achievement.
· Provide timely management reports/dashboards in the agreed formats for Customer satisfaction, Utilisation, costs and revenue, forecast and annual budget data information.
· Prepare and plan for contractual audits and inspections including, but not limited to: Financial Monitoring audits, Awarding Body external verifier visits and Ofsted NSAR inspections. Maintain and achieve CPD in this area of responsibility with pay back into the role ways of working to ensure the Academy remains compliant and meets the needs of unannounced and or short notice visits.
· Ensure that the service delivery meets the required quality and EHS standards for the Company and its funding contracts by monitoring customer course feedback and trainer provider event turn-back tracking.
· Timely and accurately escalate all issues concerning safety, safeguarding, protect, failures in service, OTD, and or customer satisfaction to the appropriate manager POC as applicable.
· Deputise for the Operations Manager when required to support continuity of operations.
· Provide Academy Alstom representation and support as applicable to trade associations forums, sector skills bodies, training providers on skills matters within scope of the role.
· Min Level 2 in Maths, English - critical
· L&D Function, Training Service/Operations certification at L3/L4 (i.e. CIPD/other)- desirable
Desired Knowledge & Experience
· Demonstrable operations & administration support experience in a company/private training org or college(work based learning preferably) funded training environment or similar - advantage
· Customer focussed operations / service delivery experience -critical
· Budget admin and/or management experience -critical
· Demonstrable experience of team working - critical
· Ability to work within a matrix organisation - critical
· Managing variable personal and departmental workloads
· Excellent communication and people engagement skills - critical
· IT knowledge of and skills with LMS/LCMS, CMS, funding management systems, SharePoint (or other shared team mgt system), electronic scheduling/planning tools – advantage.
Behavoural Skills and Compentencies
· Self-starter able to work with a degree of autonomy
· Manages priorities and self to achieve results
· Communicates with clarity and understanding
· Quick to understand customer and internal/external stakeholders’ expectations and drivers
· Able to lead from the front
· Able to work under pressure in a demanding environment
· Negotiates to obtain buy in and success
· Ability to make decisions, act upon them quickly and be accountable
· Attention to detail
· Innovative and creative
· High professional expectations of self and others
· Knows what good looks like and achieves it
Technical Skills and Compentencies
· Customer relationship management
· Budget/Revenue admin –critical
· Understanding of the training cycle and training admin –advantage
· To possess and develop a working knowledge of Safeguarding Children regulations and Protect - advantage
· Good understanding & experience in the use of digital technology and business systems to deliver services (especially data input and database use) -critical
· Management of customer operations / service delivery experience -critical
· Demonstrable operations experience in a company/private training org or college(work based learning) funded training environment - advantage
· ITC Literate – excellent MS Office applications use (especially Word, Excel) audio, visual and written presentation – critical
At Alstom Transport, we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at: www.alstom.com