Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a System Architect in the Eurofighter program (d/f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching.
Who are we in the System Architects Team?
The System Architects team supports the development of a medium and long term Avionic System Eurofighter product strategy and is responsible for highlighting weapon system architectural issues that may threaten the implementation of agreed requirements. It develops a product Vision/new concepts based on the knowledge of current customer needs but also proactively explores new operational capabilities beyond exiting requirements. The Team assesses existing and emerging technologies in the market as well within Airbus. It also analyses civil and military Standards which might drive changes into the system. It develops new technologies if concepts cannot be realised otherwise. A strong exchange with other Airbus divisions is required to guarantee a cross-platform approach. The System Architects Team participates in the Eurofighter and NETMA Future Business forums and assesses the customer's mid- and long-term needs. The team is responsible for the technical TEYXS (Weapon System Eurofighter) contribution to these forums including the development of technical documents in in coordination with the Avionics Joint Team System Architects Team.
Who are you to be part of the System Architects Team?
· You have completed your studies (Aerospace or similar)
· You have profound knowledge of Avionic Systems as well as overall aircraft architectures
· You have an in depth knowledge of system engineering principles and development approaches
· You identify stakeholders and capture their needs and expectations
· You elicit and validate requirements whilst considering the complete system LifeCycle
· You design and define possible architectures, in collaboration with specialists, based on the requirements
· You perform trade-off analysis in order to select the best solution fulfilling the requirements
· You validate architectures
· You lead verification of the implementation
· You perform operational and in-service evaluation
· You understand and assess the impact of design changes requested during the entire product lifecycle
· You enjoy working on complex systems
· You work independently and responsibly as part of in an international team and in a multinational project environment
· You are result-oriented
· You have good written and spoken German and English skills (project language is English)
Which additional skills are beneficial?
· You have system architecture experience in defence or non defence related projects
· You have worked in multi company projects
· You have experience in the area of R&T
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.