Airbus Defence and Space SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
What if YOU start your journey with US!
As part of a school curriculum in initial training , you are looking for a mandatory internship or integrated into a gap year that will allow you to validate your studies. The internship duration is 4 to 6 months maximum.
We offer you to work in a world-leading company which is at the heart of a digital transformation, at the cutting edge of research and innovation.
We are looking for a Junior Buyer (m/f) who will be joining us at Airbus Defence and Space Toulouse (Palays site).
This internship is to be filled from January 2021 (the dates are subject to a certain flexibility).
You will be joining the department “ IT and Software – Procurement and Logistics ” which main activities include procurement activities of Space Ground System Services or Wide Area Network Services, securing contractual framework of suppliers and providing the best purchasing conditions for Airbus Defence and Space.
The objective of the internship is to set up standardization and bundling of IT Airbus Defence and Space projects demands, and manage the sourcing for Space Ground System or Wide Area Network services for external customer.
Your activities will give you the opportunity to have an added value and work in close cooperation with the business and to create new business opportunities for Airbus Defence and Space in the innovative market .
· Tasks and Responsibilities :
You will be working under the supervision of your manager who will help you identify your professional objectives and support you in the development of your skills.
Your main activities “Procurement Commodities Ground Segment as a Service and Wide Area Network” will include:
- Assisting in the identification and gathering of purchasing potentials
- Support and launch Requests For Information and Proposal (RFI/RFP) events (via the Airbus Defence and Space procurement tool) and follow up the ordering process
- Analysis and preparation of negotiation results and supplier proposals (including Service Level Agreement and Contract)
- Assisting in the creation of the commodity strategy (Including global cost model data base, technology watch on news services).
· Required skills :
You are preparing a diploma level Bac +5 in Economics or Business Administration or Information Technology or Industrial Engineering or equivalent and you obtain following competences:
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office knowledge
- Your first experience procurements activities would be a plus
- English: advance or negotiation
- French: advance or negotiation
- German: would be a plus.
· Soft skills:
- Rigorous, curious and autonomous
- Obtain good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to integrate into team and be a flexible team player in an international environment
- Have organizational skills
- Able to analyse and synthesize information
- Knowledge of project and risk management would be a plus.
· You will develop the following skills:
- Multi-Functional Team animation and work
- Art of negotiation and active listening
- Buyer and procurement activities
- Procurement IT Tools
- Contracts and claims management
- Call for tender’s process
- Project LifeCycle process
- Space sector.
Depending on the specifics of the offer, you may have to travel to another location.
If your profile catches our attention, you will be invited to perform a video interview during which you will have a few minutes to tell us about your background, motivations and your professional project. Afterwards, your application could be proposed to the managers for further review.
If the prospect of joining our innovative Group motivates you do not hesitate and apply online on our website www.airbus.com/careers !
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.