Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: July 2019
Location: Portsmouth or Stevenage
Application closing date: 04th November 2018
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
This internship opportunity sits within the MAIT (Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test) quality assurance department who are responsible for making sure that company industrial processes comply with quality assurance requirements and standards.
In addition to this function, the Quality department has the objective to drive and influence the company to reduce the cost of quality and the cost of non-quality.
In that context, the Quality Assurance department has deployed a wide variety of projects and during this internship you'll assist the MAIT quality improvement leader to implement those multidisciplinary projects.
Internships at Airbus
Within this internship, you'll be continuously in contact with people of various disciplines and your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Support to the general day to day Quality Assurance activities, including non-conformance management, Key inspection activities and driving non quality prevention
· Organising and facilitating the coordination of various experts and managers involved in the project.
· Establish an “as is” situation and propose process improvements when gaps are identified or opportunities exist.
· Convince and drive people on the implementation of changes.
· Develop dashboards, indicators for the follow-up of the project activity.
· Assisting the MAIT quality improvement leader in the creation and following-up of the Project Management Plan.
Experience and benefits you will gain from this opportunity:
· Awareness and presentation of space products within an international working environment
· Experience on Problem Solving tools and practises
· Good understanding of a manufacturing organisation
· Development of improvement mind-set and change management
· Guidance in personal development
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Please note our Internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following;
· Working towards a degree in or equivalent in an Engineering, Quality, Aerospace or related discipline.
· Proficient with excel
· Proactive & flexible approach
· Evidence of effective teamwork
· Focus on continuous improvement and provide initiatives/ideas for growth
· Ability to motivate and influence
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Proficient in coding (VBA and access)
· Other language than English is an advantage
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 04th November 2018.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).