Description de l'offre
Presales Solution Architect: Defence Sector
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus Defence and Space Hawthorn
Airbus Defence and Space Oakhanger
Airbus Defence and Space London
Airbus Defence and Space Newport
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Defence Solution Architect has arisen within the Communication and IT Engineering team of Airbus Defence & Space. The successful applicant could be based from any Airbus Defence & Space site in the UK.
The Defence Solution Architect will perform technical presales activities in close collaboration with the Sales, Portfolio and Engineering teams for the Defence business. The majority of time will be spent working on orchestration solutions for 5G wireless and fixed hybrid networks.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
· Meeting customers to develop technical relationships
· Understanding customer business needs and goals
· Capturing stakeholders and functional requirements
· Presenting (and supporting demos of) the technical features of the Portfolio Solutions
· Determining applicable Solutions to address the customer needs
· Managing RFI and RFP technical answers and solution design
· Providing technical inputs for the implementation of Solutions within the Customer premises
· Providing consultancy services where appropriate
This role will involve weekly travel across Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
Required technical competences and skills:
· ICT background in Defence area
· 3G/4G Wireless and IP network architecture
· Security basic in VPN, firewall, authentication
Required soft skills:
· Ability to work under pressure
· Customer orientation
· Value analysis
· Listening and sense of synthesis
· Teaching method
· Rigorous, autonomous
· Strong communication skills across all formats
Essential: You should be fluent in English.
Highly desirable: Strong German and French language skills