Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Assembly Integration and Test (AIT) department is looking for an RF Test Engineer. This role sits within the Satellite Payload Test and Validation work stream.
The RF Test Engineer is typically responsible for the preparation of the test procedures and the operational support to the AIT Operations team. Main responsibilities include the test procedure preparation in line with the test requirements prior to the delivery to the clean room, test phase planning and sequencing, test readiness preparation, assessment and support during the test phase, evaluation for access and orientations reviews.
The role includes taking part in the long term development of procedures and test procedure automation.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· As part of the RF Engineering Team, will be in charge of the preparation required for the development of a test phase and also to provide support during the different test phases such as alignment, section test, TCR and end to end test campaign for the different projects.
· To support projects and cascade knowledge to other payload test Engineers.
· Test phase planning and sequencing providing input to the master schedule.
· Focal point for all procedure related activities post design / customization and through to operational support (possibly including out of hours / on-call support)
· Liaise with the Test Manager (owner of the AIT Test preparation schedule) to achieve successful project milestones reviews with associated document inputs. Support the weekly and monthly reporting to the project team and to the AIT department management team.
· Work hand-in-hand with the Payload AIT Quality organization to ensure adherence to standard processes
· Support the engineer in charge of the project customization phase and the payload test manager in the definition the test planes and interfaces. The RF Engineer will support the investigation of non-conformances, contributing to problem solving, implementation of investigations and corrective actions as detailed by the NRB.
· Take an active role in the Payload AIT Test Continuous Improvement through Lessons Learnt and Second Closure
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
· Knowledge of RF Test techniques or RF systems.
· Knowledge of RF Test Systems and RF instruments. (Network analysers, Spectrum Analysers, AWG; Power Meters; RF Amplifiers, Oscilloscopes; etc)
· Teamwork with good communication skills.
· MS Office (Word, Excel)
· Previous industrial experience is not mandatory
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).