Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Due to a fantastic period of growth and optimisation, Airbus Defence and Space (ADS) is looking for an Outreach Coordinator to deploy and manage the Outreach strategy and programme for all Airbus Defence and Space Sites in the UK. This is a dual role as the holder will also manage and oversee the running of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) events within the UK.
As the Outreach coordinator you will be the focal point for all outreach programmes and work closely with your outreach officers to ensure all activities are up to date and in line with strategic requirements. You will need to manage the Outreach budget and also manage the Ambassador network to ensure that required resources are in place. This will be a very busy and fast paced role and will suit someone who is able to multi task and look at the bigger picture at all times.
There will also be a responsibility to develop and coordinate the Work Experience programme and work alongside North Hertfordshire College to deliver an exciting and engaging education programme out of the new Airbus Discovery Space centre in Stevenage. This will support curriculum enrichment and maximise the opportunity to work alongside the Airbus Mars Rover project.
· To work alongside local colleges to identify funding opportunities to secure additional funding sources to support the day-to-day running of the centre. Including, assisting in writing reports to release final funding.
· Engagement with the wider STEM and outreach community to position the Airbus STEM Experience as part of a network of opportunities and identify opportunities to share resources and programmes. This includes building relationships with the UK Space Agency to identify opportunities for engagement with the new centre, sponsorship and sharing of resources.
· Managing the operational delivery of the Airbus Discovery Space centre. Promotion of the new centre in conjunction with the marketing team, to generate interest and deliver the visitor numbers in line with expected revenue. This will include developing and delivering roadshows and outreach activities.
· Responsible for creating a business SharePoint community, to inform Airbus employees of the centre and create a platform to ask questions, make suggestions and actively participate.
· Work alongside the STEM Centre Manager to bring Airbus activities including Outreach events in line with the new Airbus Group STEM Centre.
· Management and refreshment of the ‘meet the staff’ interaction area
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Proven experience of working in an outreach capacity – managing events and creating/driving delivery of targeted approaches and education programmes.
· Ability to work under your own drive and supervision in an autonomous and mature environment.
· Strong communication/negotiation skills at all levels.
· High levels of attention to detail and also basic IT skills (Microsoft packages).
· Able to travel at short notice and go above and beyond.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).