Airbus DS Newport
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a On Site Support Engineer has arisen.
The 10SC NOC On Site Engineer will be based at the customer site at Canary Wharf, London and will provide service, support, and management capabilities to the 10SC project at the local level from delivery into live service, providing all aspects of continued technical support of the live infrastructure.
The NOC On Site Engineer role is accountable for providing technical assistance and instructional documentation to other Resolver Groups within the wider Airbus Service Operations as well as to the 4th line engineers in Hook.
He/She provides an interface to other technical stakeholders within Airbus including Architects, other engineering disciplines, and sub-contractors.
A large portion of the role is focused on orchestrating the application of design changes, and investigating critical issues on site. They will regularly function as the technical representative of the NOC/Project on behalf of Airbus to the wider 10SC community, including the customer and business partners, at times without direct support.
The engineer is the single point of contact for Airbus and would include acting as the NOC liaison with other technical groups.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Provide the lead on site technical support role in resolving service incidents, applying diagnosis, maintenance, change and configuration control attributes to bring about a resolution.
· Apply technical governance to inbound deliveries from the project/operations to ensure they accurately reflect the live environment, & are appropriately structured to enable successful technical service delivery.
· Consistently perform and deliver outputs within the service contract time constraints (KPI’s & SLA’s).
· Provide concise documentation to support the delivery and maintenance of services.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Strong Technical competence in Networking, with a strong understanding of other technologies, such as Aruba, Clearpass, Palo Alto, Juniper and HP switches.
· Ability to maintain basic cable configuration database and patch management.
· Manage local based spares pool.
· Provide basic user support for video and audio conferencing systems.
· Provide on-site support to the Airbus Support Operations Centre and Service Delivery Lead.
· Work closely with all agencies to understand further changes and occupier take ons.
· Input to REMEDY ITSM tooling for fault reporting and input.
· Strong skills in fault diagnostics and resolution as well as ability to produce technical documentation.
· Strong business and communications skills within the department to provide confidence and direction to other technical helpdesks.
· Ability to communicate effectively written and verbally with stakeholders at all levels, from end users to project managers, and architects. Including providing information which will support and influence the decision making process within the service management internal and external environments.
· Accountable for the performance of the technical and operational service elements that are delivered.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).