Description de l'offre
MGSE & Tooling engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Due to an internal restructure and some newly acquired space systems projects Airbus Defence and Space (ADS) is looking for a MGSE (Mechanical Ground Support Equipment) & Tooling Engineer to join a small and dynamic team based in our Stevenage Defence & Space UK, location.
You will be responsible for ensuring MGSE & Tooling delivery on time, on cost and on quality to support the Manufacturing build team. This is a highly detailed and varied position with the role holder having to manage a variety of different responsibilities and projects simultaneously.
Tasks & accountabilities
· Ensure all MGSE documentation, log books and insurance inspections are fully maintained.
· Ensure quality and process robustness through continuous review and improvement of processes
· Influence MGSE design team and offer production advice and preferences to ensure design for manufacture (DFM) is upheld
· Definition and procurement of small bespoke mission tooling to support manufacturing
· An awareness of safety issues associated with Mechanical Handling Equipment
· MGSE support to critical moves process / deliveries
· Support to new MGSE handover to shop floor and Engineering team
· MGSE support for user manual or log book enquiries / management.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· HNC or equivalent experience in an Engineering related discipline or sufficient relevant experience
· Proven relevant experience in a Manufacturing based / design engineering role.
· Appreciation of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment & Tooling manufacturing techniques
· Creation of technical reports
· Space, Aerospace, Manufacturing Sector ideal or any other Engineering sector would be highly beneficial.
· Actively seek to develop own learning and skills
· Ability to deliver multiple tasks to set time frames with minimal supervision
· Able to organise and manage own workload
· The ability to understand and use company systems and software
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
· Takes responsibility for implementing improvements