Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be providing support the Manufacturing team and focusing on Concession designs and non-conformances. This means the role is varied and tackles problems and designs that are out of the usual. We're looking for someone who has strong design experience with non-conformances / concession design experience. You will be joining a team of 5 within a much larger department, where there is the opportunity to progress your career UK and company wide.
The successful candidate will need to gain UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
· The development of design solutions and repair schemes for non-conformances generated during the design, manufacture and test of spacecraft structures and component parts under tight schedule constraints.
· Interfacing with project managers and other technical departments in order to optimise the technical solutions and resources, and to ensure that all project and qualification requirements for those related items and systems are met.
· Presenting and justifying design concessions at internal and external customer reviews.
· Participating in reviews to ensure all applicable non-conformance and occurrence reports have been satisfactorily closed prior to spacecraft delivery to the launch site;
· Assessing and recommending second closure actions relating to non-conformances to help prevent future similar issues.
· Identifying opportunities for involvement in innovation projects, to investigate and develop new design solutions.
· Focusing on ‘On Quality, On Cost, On Time' to minimise impact on the projects.
· Attending team meetings to closely follow the project progress and maintain close relations with the project team.
· Supporting the Team Leader with work-package management activities as required.
· Raising significant issues to the project Responsible Engineers as necessary.
· Taking an active role in the identification of improvement and development activities.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Commercial Mechanical Design Engineer experience
· Previous experience with non-conformances / concession designs
· Awareness of Catia V5 / Catia V6
· Previous design experience within technical industries - Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive and similar
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).