Description de l'offre
Material Laboratory Quality System Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Do you live and breathe ISO Standard and Quality Procedures? Do you achieve satisfaction knowing your processes are controlled and repeatable to ensure the quality of your products and services? Are you a team player who is happy to roll up your sleeves and to help others out? Are you attracted in learning about Satellites and championing Quality throughout the Lab side of Airbus?
Then this is the role for you!
A vacancy for a Materials Laboratory Quality Systems Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space. This role reports to the Materials Laboratory Manager and includes:
· Co-ordination, Maintenance & Management of Quality Systems and Digitalisation projects
· Contributing to the Materials and Processes team mission of assuring the quality of materials and processes used in Airbus Defence and Space products.
· Providing practical routine & Non- Routine laboratory testing .
· Providing Materials Laboratory support to Projects
Frequent UK & overseas travel will be required
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
· Test materials and processes used in the manufacture of space products – mechanical and /or chemical, analysing the results and reporting data to enable internal customers to make informed pass / fail decisions
· Support Materials Engineering investigations, produce reports on the results drawing concise conclusions and present the findings to internal / external customers
· Manage, maintain & Develop the intranet page that promotes Materials and Quality
· Contribute to the development and implementation of a 5S lean approach to laboratory working
· Support the continuous maintenance and review of Laboratory Procedures and laboratory working processes.
· Manage, Review & Update Materials Laboratory Handbook
· Maintain and improve internal databases and operating procedures
· Maintain, co-ordinate, manages & publish laboratory KPI data.
· Co-ordinate laboratory audits to ISO 9000:2000 and Environmental Audits 90014
· Co-ordinates laboratory quality system documentation & review to ISO 9000:2000
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Experience working within a commercial / Industrial laboratory environment, ideally within a routine mechanical testing laboratory
· Practical experience of mechanical testing and / or chemical testing.
· Experience of working in a regulated laboratory to minimum ISO9000 quality standard
· Working knowledge of Quality System maintenance including documentation control, review & audit
· Demonstrable team working skills, communication and presentation capability.
· Flexible and proactive approach to work and is prepared to work at other Airbus sites and at customer and supplier locations as directed
· PC literate, report and specification writing, database maintenance & Web page construction.
· Experience of writing & issuing quality documents within an established quality documentation system
· Experienced quality systems auditor
· Relevant experience of management systems and associated ISO management system standards (9000:2000) or Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
Practical experience of micro sectioning and microscopy would be a distinct advantage