Airbus Defence and Space Oakhanger (Skynet)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Maintenance and Support Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Oakhanger, Hampshire. The successful applicant will join our Communication, Intelligence & Security team.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and support of sitcom terminals, such that agreed levels of availability are maintained whilst ensuring all work is performed and completed on time, to the planned cost or better and to the requisite quality.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· 2nd through 4th line periodic and corrective maintenance at 4th line for the complete range of remote terminals. This covers functional, software / firmware upgrades and mechanical maintenance both at Oakhanger and at deployed platforms.
· Fault finding, repair and functional testing of RF, Baseband, Management (IT) and mechanical systems.
· Terminal Upgrades (Mechanical, Software and firmware).
· Conducting Handover and Takeover activities at Airbus Defence and Space and customer premises. Ensuring detailed reports are compiled and released in accordance with designated metrics.
· Provide on-call out of hours telephone support 24/7 on a rota basis typically 1 week in 3.
· On-site assistance to Remote Terminal Users as required (UK and Worldwide). Will be required to work at various UK and overseas locations on a regular basis, some longer term deployments overseas and CONDO areas.
· Review and update platform build and maintenance records (SAP MWO and Windows folder).
· Active participation of Delivery Review Board. Take responsibility for accurate and complete maintenance records.
· Providing technical advice to external customers.
· Handling Classified documentation and Cryptographic devices.
· Active participation within the departments Health Safety process. Reporting issues etc
This role will involve travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· GCSE A-C in English Language and Mathematics
· ONC/ HNC in Electronics and or Communications
· Experience of test and repair activities within a military environment or equivalent with any of the following engineering disciplines:-
· SATCOMs or RF Systems.
· IT and Network Engineering
· Baseband Systems (IP and ATM)
· Full UK Driving Licence
· Windows PC Literate. Competent with MS Office Pro (Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint), SAP.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).