Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 1st July 2019
Duration: 12 Months
Working within the lean function of the Broughton site; this exciting opportunity offers successful applicants the chance to influence and drive change in a challenging manufacturing system, matured over decades of Airbus wing production. Using value stream mapping and Airbus project management tools, the applicant will have the chance to demonstrate and implement new technologies, manufacturing philosophies and changes in mind-set resulting in improvements across all site key performance indicators.
Internships at Airbus
· To support the lean function in deploying the Airbus Operating System within the assigned programme area.
· Provide lean guidance and coaching to Project Managers and the manufacturing teams.
· Assess the manufacturing system using value stream mapping to highlight shortfalls and areas of improvement.
· Supporting the engagement of Improvement Project Leaders. Prepare and deliver updates on savings and improvements
integrating all projects, on a weekly basis to local area management and Project Managers.
· Ensure issues are escalated, recorded and action plans are in place.
· Generation of enablement reports, detailing a routemap of project entry into service along with line balancing opportunities.
· Be key in supporting projects using Airbus tools. Ensuring key milestones are achieved on time with effective maturity and
· Lead the local involvement scheme, capturing ideas from across the business and supporting their development by engaging the workforce through to the solution being realised.
· Drive and influence change in a developed manufacturing environment in line with Airbus' vision and strategy.
· Evolve along with changing priorities within the business.
· Promote Airbus' vision and strategy through effective lean working.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement studying towards a degree in one of the following:
Aerospace or Manufacturing Engineering
· Be self-motivated in managing personal goals and objectives.
· Provide support to the team as required to ensure planned targets are met.
· Integrate in to the team governance profile adopting Airbus policies and procedures.
· Focus on removal of non-value added activities. Efficiency is key in this role and leading by example to all levels.
· Being able to act autonomously, recognising when support is required and seeking advice.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
· Excellent communicator (both written and oral) with strong influencing skills.
· Customer focus and the ability to integrate well within the business.
· Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and deliver on commitments.
· High level of team working, adherence to standards, highly analytical coupled with practical skills, able to apply flexibility, imagination and creativity to problem solving with drive and enthusiasm.
· A mind-set to explore and work above and beyond, challenging the norm and thinking blue sky.
· Ability to process map operations and input into a value stream map.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).