Airbus Defence and Space Farnborough
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a HAPS Site Administrator has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Farnborough.
This role will be based in the brand new Kelleher Production facility located in the Voyager Aerospace Park complex (Farnborough) where the production of prototype aircraft will be carried out. The position will be an integral part of a close knit team of ~40 production staff who are part of the wider programme team ~150 people. The role will support the wider HAPS team (also based in Cody Technology Park – Farnborough) and will directly report to (and support) the HAPS Programme Administrator.
· The role is to provide administrative support for the HAPS Programme team within Airbus Defence and Space; Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) programme line.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
To provide administrative support including but not limited to:
· “Front of house” reception duties for the Kelleher Production Facility (Voyager Aerospace Park, Farnborough)
· For all of the Programme Team (Cody and Kelleher), SAP data entry for purchase requisitions, maintenance and reporting (communication)
· Acting as the deputy for the HAPS Programme Administrator during periods of absence - arranging Kelleher HAPS Production site access for visitors and new starters.
· Keeping diaries and arranging appointments in support of the Kelleher Production based Team.
· Collating material to support meetings e.g. presentations.
· Attending meetings and taking minutes.
· Handling telephone and email enquiries.
· Ordering stationary, sundries and other equipment including IM consumable on the Kelleher site.
· Producing correspondence, documents, spreadsheets, records and presentations etc.
· Organising internal and external events.
· Filing paperwork and computer-based information.
· Organising postal deliveries and collections.
· Acting as the Time and Absence Booking System supervisor for the Kelleher Production facility based team, processing timesheets and leave requests.
· Ensuring sensitive Commercial Contracts are looked after in accordance with Project Security Instructions.
· Administering the Access Control System.
· Reporting to the HAPS Programme Administrator (who is based on the Cody Technology Park),
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills – essential to the role
· Experience of providing administrative support to a team of >40 people.
· Proven experience and demonstrable evidence of delivery in a similar role and environment
· Strong organisational skills.
· Knowledge and experience of SAP entry and data maintenance.
· Polite, discreet, and with a respect for confidentiality.
· Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines with competing priorities.
· Experience of the application of corporate security policy desirable but not essential.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).