Airbus DS Geo Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary
· on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The HAPS Zephyr is a new state of the art solar powered ultralight weight electric Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) for use in commercial and military applications from Airbus Defence and Space.
A new role has been created for a Manufacturing Engineering (ME) inside the HAPS Zephyr project team based in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK. The scope of this role is to deliver ME solutions to the new production system which delivers the HAPS Zephyr Aircraft and Ground Support Equipment in line with business requirements.
The successful applicant with report to the HAPS ME Manager and join the TUMZM business unit (operationally and functionally) in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
Tasks & accountabilities
As a key member of the HAPS production MFT your main tasks and responsibilities will be to provide hands-on enablement of design intent. You will be able to apply a qualified lean production system to HAPS Zephyr UAV’s platforms to and realise Safety, Quality, Cost and on Time delivery. As an electrical / avionic engineer you will also have worked in an AIT environment in either MRO or OEM scenario. You will be familiar with specifying test equipment and writing procedures for the use of the equipment.
· Creating MRP system shop floor routings / job card definitions / shop floor standard operating instructions(SOI’s) / quality care cards
· Definition of electronics/avionics and wiring tooling and test solutions in an AIT environment.
· Use of CAD (Solidworks, Catia)
· administration/configuration control (co-ordinate with design)
· Technical problem solving and support to production and supply chain.
· Perform Design For Manufacture (DFM) / Design To Cost (DTC) studies and provide input to design teams
· Liaison with MGSE / Jig & Tools (Design, Manufacture, Calibration & Maintenance)
· Liaison with Manufacturing System Engineering. (Process flow, line balancing, capital investment items, facilities requirements)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
· Innovative, agile and self-driven in a fast paced and changing environment.
· Educated to degree level in an electronic / avionics engineering discipline or equivalent industrial experience.
· 3 years’ experience in an electrical Manufacturing Engineering discipline ideally with at least 18 months in an AIT role.
· Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft or space electronics hardware production, aircraft wiring, avionic system installation and testing techniques.
· Experience creating, standardising or improving electrical production systems, teams and facilities.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Demonstrated Experience solving technical operational issues.
· Able to work in a multi-function team and matrix organisation.
· IT & CAD Skills
· English to Negotiation Level
· Flexibility to support multiple locations.
· Able to obtain UK SC Clearance